Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 47: Same Shit, Brand New Day

04/27/11 - 47 days without sale

Borrowed from www.theblogofrecord.com
0816hrs. Welcome back to the workplace, I tell myself after the smashing un-success that was project undisclosed project project in a Muslim country somewhere in the world.

I'm Late.

I feel my job security slowly slipping away being one of the few people in this place with no sale after a month.

0921hrs. Followed up some of the people that inquired earlier this month.

Also working on the deal with the Russians and hopefully getting to make contact with the Japanese.

Then the Koreans.

Then the universe.

Yep, I'm a regular citizen of the world, aren't I?

1126hrs. With the advent of the global economy and the proliferation of the internet, the scope and means of the modern salesperson with a strong international background ought to be massively massive. Like WoW, only in 3D.

We're meant to capitalize on web 2.0 and the benefits one can derive from the metaphorically smaller world.

I'm still broke as shit.

Lunch time.

1432hrs. Got the briefing for a new mission. Operation wild mangosteen plantation steal. Trust me, this would be funnier if I could explain it.

But at the risk of risking the integrity of (insert name of reputable development company here at your convenience), all I can say is that this involves a condo and some wild mangosteen.

Sounds like a party.

1804hrs. After the whole fiasco from yesterday (link here), I've been slowly losing interest in the work that I do. I'm second guessing myself. I hate doing that.

Maybe things will get better if I fight for the aforementioned sale and end up winning.

In theory, I guess I still love what I do but when it comes down to practice, is this a hazard of the job?

I guess so.

Chin up.

Where does #0019 end and I begin?

Is this my slow descent into insanity?

You get to see it unfold on the blog.

Lucky you.

No comments:

Post a Comment