Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 21

03/27/11 - 21 days without sale

Not my boss
I called the boss today asking a question about the building.

The boss tried to sell me a condo.

Well, that's what the answer sounded like.

This was in response to a question a prospect asked me. Over the phone. Yes, I got a call.

On a Sunday.

A Sunday.

A hazard of the job, I guess.

An email came in from a company I sent a proposal to. Another no.

I have an error in the numbers. One in ten respond with a smile. One in 2000 actually show interest.

Damn the numbers.

Damn the numbers to hell.

I feel myself digging a deeper and deeper hole every day.

(breaking character) 
Shoutout on the anon that left a comment on day 17. I'm actually having fun with my job and I'd like to think doing I'm ok with saturation, working on pipelines, building relationships, etc... Getting in touch with old friends and catching up. That and talking to all sorts of interesting people with a different story to tell is awesome. I actually wouldn't mind doing this for some time. Yeah, I think I've found a little niche in the corporate world that I actually enjoy. Its like every day is a whole new adventure. I was just out of it that one day, and this little blog was born. I'm having fun writing it so might as well continue. That being said, thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I'll keep what you said in mind and if ever I have another bad day, I'll check back to that comment. Yay! First comment!

(back in character)
Damn this life.

3 comments: