Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 19

03/25/11 - 19 days without sale


21 million people died from 1914 - 1918
Photo courtesy of the BBC
0714hrs. I'm not gonna be showing anybody around the showroom today. Should I even consider taking a shower? With all this concern over the environment, I should be saving water. Tempting.

But I suppose I should shower. I still do have that naive hope that somebody will walk in, I'll be there to assist, that person will pay in cash, kaching. The earth can wait. The world of sales moves much faster.


 0852hrs. We're deployed in the field today. I shouldn't have showered.

I wasn't able to get my morning walk. This day isn't going to be too productive, I don't think.

The comedian guy from the other team is listening to big band jazz. He either closed a sale or got laid last night. They say closing your first deal is a high that keeps sales people addicted to being sales people. Its a sniper's first kill. A surgeon's first appendectomy. A lawyer's first win.

This must be why our 30 or so year old regional head looks like she's pushing 50.

I wonder if I'll ever have that kind of success one day.

Looking for leads isn't as easy as its cut out to be. The first stage in a sale is prospecting. Its tough. So damned tough. The folks higher up the ranks tell me that it gets easier once there's interest in what you're trying to sell. But getting to that point is hell. Finding the people interested.

People love to buy but hate being sold to.

My line ad still hasn't come out. I will follow it up.

The emails I send seem to be smashing against brick walls.

I still feel a little uncomfortable emailing people I don't know trying to sell them 90 cubic meters of pre-sold air.

I'm eagerly awaiting the day that I'm so desensitized that I will feel comfortable punching a random person in the face and proceed to giving him/her my business card and proceed to selling a condo.

That's when I know I'm successful. That I've made it. That's when I can loudly proclaim to the world "I am a proud employee of (insert namae of reputable development company here at your convenience)! I will kick your dog in the nuts and then proceed to sell you a condo!.

When that glorious day comes, it will be a day full of glory.

Many dogs will lose the ability to procreate and I will be rich.

1132hrs. Hungry.

No.

Not hungry for a sale. I just want to eat. Italian food sounds good right about now. Or maybe some lamb from a Greek taverna type thing Or Chinese.

Chinese it is.

1450hrs. Gonna follow up my line ad. That should take me until 5. But first some coffee.

1508hrs. Yeah. Two hours should just about do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment