Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 20

03/26/11 - 20 days without sale

The Normandy landing on Jun 16, 1944.
Courtesy of britannica.com.
(Not the beach I'm going to)
...and 15 days after completion of basic training. If we close a sale a within a few weeks after training, we get free stuff. I want to get free stuff.

0700hrs. Its a Saturday and we're supposed to show up in the showroom. We're also encouraged to do Sundays. Weekends no longer feel like weekends. The week doesn't feel like a week. It's just a blob of time.

Natural law theory says something about how human beings need one day of rest a week in order to function as proper human beings. But we aren't human beings.

We are salespeople.

I want to go to the beach.

0835hrs. Memo came in from the boss. Internet use is restricted to work related activity. If worst comes to worst, I'm posting these from home. We aren't allowed Youtube anymore. We also have to fill up forms telling them exactly where we were during the week. I guess (insert name of reputable development company here at your convenience) is trying to get their money's worth.

My ad in the classifieds came out today. Nobody's calling.

Nobody's been answering my emails.

Nothing really going on in the office.

I should go to the beach.

1300 hrs.  Going to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment