Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 22

03/28/11 - 22 days without sale

WW1 soldier peering out into
no man's land
Courtesy of The Daily Mail.

0636hrs. I had a splitting headache last night and wasn't able to sleep until sunrise-ish. Let's see how well I do with an hour and a half of sleep.

0725hrs. On my second cup of coffee for the morning. I'll probably have another one when I get to work. Coffee is the breakfast of heroes from the free world. Tea is also pretty good. Can't forget the brave men and women over in Great Britain. And the folks over in Hong Kong where apparently they have their tea iced. Can't forget them.

你好! 我唔識講廣東話. Really. I don't.

As per the advice of sales guru Tom Hopkins, I looked in the mirror and said to myself, "I will close a sale today because I am a great salesman! Nothing and nobody is gonna bring me down!"

I'm getting fat.

0943hrs. I think youtube may have been blocked by the bosses over here. Now what am I supposed to do at the office? I tried to post an ad on an online classifieds page. It was denied. When the internet says no to you, you know that something is wrong. Its almost like being a salesperson is tantamount to being a people repellent. I will try to smell better tomorrow.

1445hrs. Client came in. Particularly stressful. Don't want to talk about it. Not the venue for angry rants. That's what talking to my dogs is for.

Out for a smoke.

1525hrs. I want to go home.

1613hrs. The boss kicking me out of the office. Apparently I should be in the field. What do I do with nowhere to go? A lot of my prospecting is done on the internet or over the cellphone. Maybe I should consider the whole punching somebody in the face thing. That seems viable. Or I could hang out at a coffee shop and watch people walk by.

1726hrs. Home.

So tired.

Falling aslee

No comments:

Post a Comment