Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 18

03/24/11 - 18 days without sale

Courtesy of the University of Illinois

I checked the morning paper and my line ad hasn't come out yet. I'll just have to follow it up. Though I don't think it will do very much. Unless I have it run forever. Let's see if I can pull that off.

Just before 0800hrs and I'm the 4th person at the office. One of the maintenence people, the security guard, and a girl that looks like she went to sleep here.

Good morning.



Checked our team lead's desk. A number of noteworthy things. Our team is way behind in sales. Two for married girl and one for girl that affectionately calls everyone "gay friend". The other teams are actually doing really well. Lucky them. Also, we're in the field today. Which means I don't really get to do anything. Write emails to people and hope they respond.

Cast your net wide, they say.

"BUY FROM ME! 20% downpayment and the rest will be paid via bank loan."

Rather, invest with my assistance and 20% initial investment. Because "buy" and "downpayment" are such harsh words.

Here's how it looks.

"Good afternoon Ms. (insert name here at your convenience), my name is #0019 and I would like you to consider and investment in our condominium units. With an initial investment of 20% and the remaining 80% financed though one of our partner banks, we can assure low interest rates and we can guarantee your unit will be turned over to you in the first quarter of 2014. We are, after all, supported by (insert namae of reputable development company here at your convenience)."

Friends.
Family.
Friends of friends.
Friends of friends of friends of acquaintances.
Maybe someone will bite.

"I'm trying, ma'am. I really am. I'm doing the whole wordsmith of a generation thing we were taught at training."

I believe in the product. Investment in a condo is a good thing. We will save the universe.

1330hrs. Got back in from lunch. Its hot outside.

The folks over at (insert name of reputable development company here at your convenience) are making us sign forms informing them where we go when we head out into the field. A lot of my prospecting is done on the internet but the internet here is so slow. That and I wrote and sent all my emails from home last night. I didn't get much sleep.

Working on trying to get my fliers left at one of the local coffee shops. It can all be done via cellphone.

I'll tell team lead I'm meeting the owner of the coffee shop.

My ticket out of here.

1430hrs. Over and out.

#0019

Addendum: It started raining. Shit.

2 comments:

  1. http://bumbusiness.wordpress.com/2011/03/31/11/ One week later after your post, you gave a comment on "Bums on Business" blog. And you both end with a statement implying exiting.

    ReplyDelete